Thursday, August 16, 2007

And so it Begins...

Today the MouseGlove Project began.
Most of you don't know what the MouseGlove Project is.
Hell, nobody does, save Geoff.

I've always wanted to make a Computer Mouse hack, but I never really figured what to do.
However, today, through a rare stroke of pure genius and an afterthought of even rarer, normal thinking, I decided to integrate my mouse into one of those shitload knit gloves in my closet.

Yay ^^
What was planned to happen is that I will move the optical sensor to the index finger, as well as the click trigger switch thing, so I could control the cursor through my index fingers.
Sucks 'cause, it turns out I couldn't fiddle around with the optical sensor enough to move it.
Cheapass Dell mouses really aren't as great as I thought.

Progress so far:
- Today I pried the trigger switch out of the circuit board. Unfortunately, it shattered :O
- In other news, I managed to take out the trigger switch from the mouse wheel clicker and move it where the left mouse button was.
- I thread wire through the holes where the switches WOULD be, and managed to reconnect the trigger switch to the circuit board. remote clicking, hmm?
- Success! I tested the clicker by plugging the mouse in and clicking things like the start button. It worked! Some minor connection issues though, as sometimes the wiring wouldn't connect.

Notes:
- Mom's taking me to Home Depot to buy a soldering gun/iron and solder :)
Whoopee!